The initiative to establish the International Association Anton van Wilderode was taken by Beatrijs van Craenenbroeck in 1994.
- having the poems of Anton van Wilderode, essays and other works translated in as many languages as possible
- distribution of it in as many countries as possible via colloquia, symposia, leterary salons, publications and/or coordination of volumes of poetry
- to get as many writings as possible in foreign magazines and newspapers, antologies collected works (here we most stress that poems of mr. van Wilderode are selected and appear in the most famous collected works all over the world)
- to try to interest foreign media via our international contacts by our members
- organizing an International Poetry festival each year if possible
Our organisation exists 12 years In these years we organized over 60 events, among them 12 publications some of them produced jointly with local partners in Spain, Romania, Poland, South Africa, Holland, Ireland, Sweden, Hungaria, Austria, Germany and the USA. We worked together with literary circles, universities and embassies all over Europe and with the Library of Congress in Washington.
President of the organisation
dr. Luc Van den Brande, Former Minister-President of the Government of Flanders,
Member of the Flemish House of Representatives
President of honor and founding member
prof.dr. Mark Eyskens, Former Prime Minister, Minister of State
Vice-President and founding member
Östen Sjöstrand, poet, member of the Swedish Academy and the Nobelcomité +
Secretary General and founder
Beatrijs van Craenenbroeck, poet